Terms & Conditions
In addition to the General Terms, these terms and conditions govern the use of the Remote Tech Media domain registration and hosting services. By contracting with Remote Tech Media for the services a Client will be lawfully regarded as having agreed to their use of the services specified being governed by this Agreement. Remote Tech Media reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of this TC at any time without notice.
Remote Tech Media will provide You with technical support for setup for hosting and websites as needed.
- Email Support is available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm Excluding Public Holidays
- Whatsapp Support is available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm Excluding Public Holidays
- Remote Tech Media’s target response time to technical support requests is four hours. The response time depends on the complexity of the inquiry and current support request volumes.
Out of Business Hours:
- Email Support can be submitted but will be action-ed the next business day.Phone support:
- Remote Tech Media will endeavor to respond to critical issues when they arise.
- Clients who request Services to be completed outside of business hours, will be charged at R400 per hour (minimum 1 hour) unless it is a technical issue at Remote Tech Media.
Objective: Remote Tech Media aims to achieve 100% Website Availability for all customers.
- Remote Tech Media will do its best to announce on its website any scheduled maintenance at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled maintenance.
- Remote Tech Media reserves the right to perform emergency maintenance without any prior notification, should it be deemed necessary to protect and maintain the security and integrity of the Service
Project and Service Fees
- For Projects, the following will be applicable:
- 50% of the quoted amount is payable for any project that requires a deposit.
- By paying this deposit You acknowledge liability for the payment of the remainder of the quoted amount on finalization of the quoted project plan.
- Services will commence once the deposit was received.
- Finalized projects will only be published once the remainder of the quoted amount was received.
- Unless explicitly quoted and invoiced as such, Remote Tech Media will not be held liable for the content of your website. Not only does this include the actual content but also adding it to your site. It remains the responsibility of the client to create and publish their own content. As an exception, Remote Tech Media may quote the client to load the content of the site.
- Remote Tech Media will not provide development-related support for web applications, scripts or components from third parties, or those developed by You, unless otherwise agreed between Remote Tech Media and You or after written confirmation of acceptance of a separate quotation for such project.
For Subscription Services, the following will be applicable:
- Annual Subscription fees are payable in advance.
- Service will be interrupted on accounts that reach 7 days past due.
- Remote Tech Media may temporarily deny service or terminate this Agreement upon failure of You to pay charges when due.
- Unpaid Subscription Services will be removed from our servers, 14 days past due. No backups of these Subscription Services will be available after removal.
- It remains Your responsibility to make backups before initiating cancellation or migration procedures. It is your responsibility to use the correct nominated Remote Tech Media bank account and payment reference when making payment, in order for payment to be allocated correctly.
- First National Bank (FNB) South Africa has announced a price increase on Cash Deposits effective from the 1st of July 2016.
- This price increase only affects Cash Deposits inside the branch. We therefore urge customer to please make use of the ADT (ATM) to make cash deposits. There are no bank fees on ADT cash deposits. If you are forced to make a cash deposit inside the branch, please include R50 extra for bank fees.
- Payments not received in full (invoice amount + bank fees), will not be processed.
- Should You choose the 12-month contract, we require to pay the year in advance.
In the event that You cancel or cause any delay of more than sixty (60) calendar days, (e.g. failure to provide sufficient content relevant to the Service after requested by Remote Tech Media), or failure to pay the remainder of the quoted amount within seven (7) calendar days from due date, for any project that requires a deposit, the following will be applicable:
- We retain the amount of any advance deposit made for your project;
- An invoice for all work completed up to the date of written notification, including expenses not exceeding the original quoted price;
- All finalized work will be stored for thirty (30) calendar days after which it will be deleted permanently from our servers without any recourse to recover or restore.
- In an event of such permanent deletion, all agreements between the parties become null and void with Remote Tech Media reserving all rights.
- In the event that you cancel Your Monthly of Annual Subscription Services for any reason, the following will be applicable:
- One (1) Calendar month notice must be given in writing;
- The notice month subscription fee must be paid;
- All Subscription Services will be terminated on the last day of the notice month.
- Prematurely cancelling Annual Subscription Services will result that You forfeit, to Remote Tech Media, all remaining Annual Fees paid in advance.